Plain photos often fail to capture the real essence of the jewels. They are likely to appear dull and nothing like the real thing. There are several aspects that can make your jewellery appear dull and not appealing to the eye, less ideal lighting, the angle of the product and many others.
Difference Between Photo Editing and Photo Retouching
Photo editing is a simple process of making minute changes to the photos, like adjusting angles, cropping, and correcting the exposure. But photo retouching is a laborious and extensive process which includes more detailed-oriented work. It includes the addition of stylistic filters on top of the editing to fit the aesthetic of the product owner or company. Retouching tries to achieve the artistic vision of the manufacturer.
Why is Jewellery Photo Retouching Important?
- Jewellery photo retouching can help you better the quality of your product photos. It helps in making the product look more polished, sophisticated and professional.
- Bad photographs of your products can also make you lose customers and sales. It helps in increasing their appeal, which will help in captivating the customers, which results in an increase in sales.
- It can correct any bad lighting issues, bad angle issues, colouring issues and many more which will give your product pictures more clarity.
- You can also add captions or text to the photo for marketing purposes.
- Jewellery photo retouching can help you adjust the size and shape of your product photos to fit your business style better.
- Adding your company logo, resizing it or cropping it to fit the style of your product photos better.
- It helps in creating an eye-catching image for social media, catering to the ever-changing tastes of the customers. Jewellery photo retouching will also help in boost your social media engagement.
- Jewellery Photo Retouching can also help create a brand’s visual identity.
How to do Jewellery Photo Retouching?
You can always hire a jewellery retouching service to retouch your product photos. It takes in its customers’ input and brings to life their artistic vision. Retouching such images require high-level skills in photo editing and retouching. There are some common techniques that professionals use:
- Color Correction: The raw photos often appear dull and require a little retouching to bring the real colors of the jewellery pieces to life.
- Exposure Correction: Sometimes photos come out overexposed or underexposed and needs to be corrected.
- Background Removal: Some products get lost in busy backgrounds. They require a plain background to have better clarity. The standard background for product photos is a white background.
- Crop and Resize: Some images require a crop or a resize. Jewellery photo retouching services can help you do it better.
Jewellery retouching services are essential for a better image of the final product. Though it boosts your product sales, it is advisable not to overdo the editing and retouching of your product images, and there is a high probability of your sales being returned as online shoppers heavily base their purchase on the image of the product. Hence, hiring Jewellery Retouching Services will help you moderate your artistic vision.