CAD or Computer-aided design was introduced by Patrick Hanratty and Ivan Sutherland in the early 60s. They designed this system while working for General Electric. A DAC program was developed by Hanratty, the first system to use interactive graphics and a numerical control programming system.
In 1963, Ivan Sutherland also designed a system CRT which then broke new grounds in 3D computer modeling and visual stimulation which was called the basics of CAD.
In 1971, a program called ADAM was developed by Hanratty which was described as the first commercially available integrated, interactive graphics designs, drafting, and manufacturing systems. You must be surprised to read this but 9/10 roots of CAD programs were found in ADAM.
Currently, CAD is used by manufacturers or engineers and is also used in the jewelry industry. Yes, you read that right! The jewelry pieces we like to wear are CAD-Designed Jewelry.
But today what we are summarizing here are the phases of CAD. Below we have listed 4 different phases of CAD-
- Geometric Modeling
- This phase of a CAD system involves a system to develop a mathematical description of the geometry of an object.
- This operation summons the creation of new geometric models from the system’s basic building blocks.
- It is a subfield of applied mathematics and computational geometry that studies methods and algorithms for mathematically describing shapes.
- This phase is used in industries like architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, geology, and medical image processing.
- Not only this geometric modeling is also used in jewelry CAD design, for creating all those geometric designs which a CAD jewelry designer.
- Engineering Analysis
- This method is the application of scientific analytic principles and processes to reveal the properties and state of a system, device, or mechanism under study is referred to as engineering analysis.
- This phase proceeds by separating the engineering design into the mechanism of operation or failure.
- It is the primary method for analyzing and handling issues with remote systems such as satellites and rovers.
- This phase is used in the engineering industry to produce designs and models for mechanical components.
- Automatic Drafting
- It is the process of creating designs of any particular parts and then its assembly and detail parts have to be made.
- This includes specifications of various materials which is also called a bill of material used for the manufacturing of the components of the part.
- Many designers including the jewelry CAD designs use the CAD software exclusively for drafting purposes.
- Design Review and Evaluation
- This phase is like a milestone in the whole process of product development.
- In this phase, a design is evaluated against its requirements and see if any changes are to be made and is it better than any previous design.
- This phase is used in every field where CAD is used to create designs whether it is civilor mechanical industry or by CAD jewelry designs.
Many CAD Rendering Services in India provide 2D drafting, 3D modeling, animation, and much more for different industries like civil and mechanical engineering, medical firms, and even the jewelry industry.